Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Horrible Situation!

I usually try to get my meal planning done over the weekend. I check the sales and plan my meals accordingly. Well, last Saturday my son had District Speech contest in Laurens, Iowa. That is only about 20 or 25 minutes away, but we were there until about 11:30 or so. When we returned home I wanted to get some chores done at the house so I put the meal planning off. Well, Sunday came and went and the meals still were not planned and frankly, the house wasn't even clean. I have absolutely no idea where the time went. Really! So, when I returned home from work on Monday, I was in a panic with no meal and not sure of what I even had on hand. I was whining about the situation on the phone to Peggy (big surprise) and she said, "You have to blog this!" Needless to say, I hated that feeling. I am hoping to never have it happen again, but I know better!

On a more positive note, today I used another recipe from my friend Kathy (she is the superstore of cookbooks) and put together some homemade Turkey Sausage. I thought it was pretty good. I will add a little more spice next time but we used it in Jumbalaya for a healthier sausage choice. I was pretty proud of myself. I also baked the bag of chicken breasts to use in meals later in the week. Again, a proud moment.

Even though I had a little setback last week I still like the meal planning thing. It has been good for me. Sometimes I even look forward to trying a new recipe for supper. Please don't let that get back to my husband. He still thinks I am slaving and sacrificing to help with the cooking. He used to do almost 100% of the cooking while I owned my scrapbook store. Now with my
wonderful part-time job I am home by 4:05 and have plenty of time to get a meal made. He still doesn't have to know that I sometimes enjoy it. Notice I said, sometimes!! Still not my favorite thing to do.

I think being organized in this part of my life has helped me become more organized in other parts of my life. I am not procrastinating as much as I used to and I am keeping my office clean of piles of paper. That can only be a good thing, right? Although my friend Peggy has now become me! We are not sure what happened but somehow we switched our organizational personalities. That is an entire different story that you can read about on our blog
www.micheggy.blogspot.com

Now, I just need to get the house cleaning in there somewhere! Let me know if you have any good suggestions in that area!

Thanks for reading,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. When did we talk on the phone? That's weird...

    Good for you for trying some new stuff, and YAY for the healthy eating. (Please refer to my comment on your Micheggy post for more on that one...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, I know it is weird. We don't talk on the phone very often!!!

    ReplyDelete