Sunday, August 19, 2012

Re-vamped Rolodex

Hello everyone! 

One day I was checking out a blog post regarding paint chips and she was asking how different people had used them in projects.  I was really inspired by this project:



This was done by Diane at In My Own Style.  I wasn't as excited about the paint chips as I was about the rolodex itself.  I loved the thought of getting rid of the "office" look and getting more of a crafty look.  Then I saw this one from maryrindal.com.



I don't think those links go directly to those blog posts.  I think they just go to their blogs.  Which are fabulous by the way.  Anyway, this one is a birthday calendar, a great idea, but again, I was just looking at the design of the rolodex.

So, I decided to re-vamp mine too.  I wanted to use Moxxie paper of course but I couldn't decide which line.  It was a hard decision but I am happy with my choice.  I used the Bake Shoppe line because I love the colors.  I needed some alphabet stickers so I used the sticker sheet from the Paws and Claws line.

What do you think?




I used Diane's idea to modge podge the base then I added the sticker border all the way around.  Then I used Mary's idea for the scalloped circles for the divider letters.  I think the mix of the two designs was just perfect for me.  And it looks great in my craft room!  I hope you like it too.

Until next time,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment