Here it is before I started painting.
Don't you agree that it needs some help? Anyway, I found some paint in the garage. I turned the piece over and started with the underneath. The hardest parts were the legs they are pretty curvy and there are lots of little spots that want to hide from the paint. But, I was careful and went pretty slow. I also made sure to move around a lot to see it from all angles. This helps to ensure a nice coat. Here it is after the first coat.
It looks better already. But you could see a bunch of the wood underneath and the brush marks were really obvious. It actually took about three coats altogether.
Here it is with all of its coats.
I still would like to add some "antiquing" to it but I must be out of the paint so I probably will get some and add it later or I may just see if it grows on me the way it is.
I moved it around in the bathroom a little bit. (It will probably move a couple of more times before I am finished. LOL)
I am having a lot of fun organizing and re-doing in my home. I hope I can inspire others to do the same. If you want more inspiration be sure to check out Pinterest. It is my favorite place on the web.
Until next time,