Tuesday, April 17, 2012

And Sew On.... And Sew On

Occasionally I have been known to do a little sewing. Mostly, I hem my pants that are 100% of the time too long and I sometimes sew on my cards or scrapbook pages. I have even made curtains and I made my purse organizer. Anyway, my sewing stuff has been thrown into different containers or bags and placed in many different places in the craft room. I did have it at my store when it was open so, some of it was still in a box in the garage. Every time I wanted to hem a pair of pants I had to search for the correct color of thread and it became a chore that I put off until I couldn't stand it any longer. See, here is proof.





So, I looked around to see what containers I could find. I am trying really hard to organize my house, but not to spend tons of money on containers, baskets and other things. If I look around the house long enough I find all sorts of things lying around. It is amazing. Anyway, I found these.


So, with a little help from Chloe Marie I started sorting them.  I wanted the thread to be right where I could get to if quickly and I wanted it sorted by color.  So, I did that first.  Then, I found all sorts of safety pins I didn't know I had and I got all of the straight pins, needles, bobbins and different attachments for the machine into different little containers.  Then I organized them into the top.  Underneath are the things I don't use very often such as embroidery floss and weird little fasteners.  I am sure that as time goes by I will find more sewing supplies.  They will probably go in the bottom part as well.  


                                            So pretty, right?




Anyway, then I stacked the fabric into the yellow container.  It was perfect.  I was so pleased with the results and I am confident that I will be able to find what I need quickly from now on.  


Here are some of the sewing projects I have done in the past.  So fun!

                                          Purse Organizer

                Dance Recital page with the new Moxxie Dance Line.
See the stitching down the strips of cute dance paper?  It really adds to the page.



           Kite card set using the new Child's Play line from Moxxie.
These cards have stitching down the middle of the kite and it keeps going to form the "tail".
Here is a closer view of the kite.



There you have it.  Now you have seen my sewing space and some of the things I have sewn.  SEW exciting right?   


Have you guys been motivated to get organized? Or have you always been organized?  I would love to see your pics.  Leave a comment and a link so I can see your organized spaces.

Until next time,
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. congrats on being a moxxie muse! i can't wait to start working with you! i love the kite card set! so cute!! just signed up to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on the Moxxie DT, I look forward to working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the kite cards and that adorable cat in the photo! Congrats on becoming a Moxxie Muse...can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on Moxxie! I'm so happy to be a Moxxie Muse with you! I'm so jealous, I wish I could sew!!!

    ReplyDelete